Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Is There Any Homework Today?

Dear ladies and gentlemen,
In the article Too Little, or Too Much? It Depends there are three main ideas. There are three details from the text to help support my main ideas, one for each. I have also put together three sentences together of my own thinking.

One of my main ideas is: The worldwide amount of homework is different. The detail to help support this main idea is : "The amount of homework can differ from school to school, though". My own thinking about this is : I think that sometimes the amount of homework around he world should be the same so that everyone in their grade is caught up with other children worldwide in the same grade.

The second main idea is: Homework is causing kids to miss their sports games and practices. A detail from the text to support my thinking is: "High school seniors, at least, seem to be doing less work than they used to". My own thinking about this is: I think that it is a bad thing missing sports games or practices because you could get get kicked off the team and I would know that because I on the soccer team at my school.

My third and last main idea is: Kids aren't getting as much homework than they need to be. The first detail I saw in the text to support this main idea is: "The 2012 NAEP (National Assessment Education Progress) asked students how much time they had spent on homework yesterday. In all three age groups questioned, more than a fifth had no homework at all: That was true of 22 percent 9-year-olds, 21 percent of 13-year-olds, and 27 percent of 17-year olds". My own thinking about the last main idea I have typed is: I think that the kids that are getting no homework should be getting homework because its better for them to get homework because it is giving them a better understanding of the lesson that they are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment